Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Best Dessert Ever

This is definitely one of my top five favorite homemade desserts. I just made it for Book Club but forgot to take a picture of it. Just imagine Heaven because that is what it tastes like.

1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
*Blend together well and spread in a 9X13. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool.

1 cup powdered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 small tub cool whip
*Beat powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add cool whip. Spread over cooled crust.

1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
3 cups milk
*Mix for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with another small tub of cool whip.

*Helpful hint: I use real whipped cream instead of cool whip because I have gross-out issues with cool whip. It takes a little longer but it is well worth it.

3 comments:

Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

Mmmmmm! Thanks for letting me partake of your leftovers from book club! I have dreams about this dessert!

Jade said...

Oh I can't wait to make "heaven". I couldn't agree more with the cool whip, All of the hydrated oils, so gross!

Bonnie said...

Rach, my aunt calls this "Better Than S*x Cake"!! It certainly is one of our favorites - and you're right, whippped cream is lots better than Cool Whip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...