Monday, February 8, 2010

Baked Potato 101

Tonight, we had bake potatoes for dinner. When I was younger, we had baked potatoes a lot. My mom always wrapped them in foil, poked them with a fork and baked them in the oven. I rarely make baked potatoes, so I googled the directions for baking them and found a new method. New to me at least! This is probably routine for the rest of you. But I thought I'd share anyways.

1. Rinse potatoes under cool water and scrub with brush.
2. Pat dry.
3. Poke holes in potato with a fork. About 12 times.
4. Rub potatoes with olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with salt.
6. Place potatoes on middle oven rack.
7. Put baking sheet on lower oven rack to catch juices.
8. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

The olive oil and salt rub was definitely a nice touch! I am a fan of this new method.

3 comments:

Lana and Terry said...

This new way sounds pretty good. I guess I will have to try it. Changing my habits at this age is a big deal, but I'm willing to do it for yummy food:)

Letti said...

This is exactly how I do it and I love it. The skin tastes so good too. I love potatoes!

Unknown said...

I'll have to try that, we just started doing baked potatoes too, have to try this way. Cara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...