Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Sandwich

Doesn't this look like something a guy would love to eat?
We had these last night and I have to say that I loved them, too.
I am a sucker for a steak and cheese sandwich with lots of onions and peppers.
Definitely a winner in the summer since you don't have to turn on your oven.
your favorite steak, sliced into thin pieces
Lawry's seasoning salt
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
provolone cheese slices
sandwich rolls
butter
worcestershire sauce
tabasco sauce

*Melt 2-3 Tbs. of butter in a large saucepan on stove. Brown onion and green pepper slices until nice and golden. Remove onto a plate. Melt a couple more Tbs. of butter and brown your steak that you have seasoned. (I used a really thin sirloin tip steak). Add some worcestershire (maybe 1/4 cup) and a few drops of tabasco while cooking. Cook until done and then add back in the onions and peppers. Meanwhile, butter your sandwich roll halves and brown them on another pan until golden brown. Add steak mixture and a couple slices of cheese to each roll.

1 comment:

The Gordons said...

Thanks for making your blog! I have to tell you its saved me from thinking about what to put on our family menu! I used this recipe and you were right, my husband LOVED it! He loved it a little much and eventually had to change to basketball shorts. Thanks again for your delish recipes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...