Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hawaiian Chicken

My mother-in-law had this at a Relief Society dinner and loved it so I was excited that she got a copy of the recipe to share. I'm sure we all agree that a good crock-pot dish is like a little cooking treasure. Hope you enjoy this one!

10-12 chicken tenders or 4-5 chicken breasts
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cups water
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 can crushed pineapple
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 Tb. grated ginger
1/4 package green onions, chopped finely

*Mix all ingredients (except chicken) in a big bowl. Place chicken in a big ziploc bag with mixture and marinate overnight. Cook all day in a crock-pot. Shred chicken and serve over rice.
*I don't recommend serving this with spinach. Not a good combo. Next time we'll try broccoli or maybe peas.

5 comments:

Melanie Rojas said...

So what did you think after you tried it???? I'm looking for a good crock pot dish for our ward pot luck on Sat. Thought this might be good.

Melanie Rojas said...

You guys should make a label for Crock Pot Dishes.... LOVE THIS BLOG!! Keep it up! :)

Rachel Cunningham said...

We loved it! I will definitely make it again. I was just talking to Holly about the fact that we need a crock-pot label on the side. I'm on it!

Jane said...

I made this for my family last night and we loved it! Thank you for sharing it, I am going to link to this recipe on my blog.

Chyrisse Ballard said...

I don't even remember how I found your blog, but I linked it to mine and love it. Thank you so much for the new yummy recipes. It sounds like you are in Mesa. I'm from there, but now reside in Southern Utah. Thank you again!

southern utah mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...