Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Restaurant Coleslaw

We had a church social the other night and my assignment was to bring coleslaw.  I'm not a huge coleslaw lover, but I was determined to find a crowd-pleasing recipe.  I scoured the recipe universe online and found this easy recipe on Allrecipes.  It had lots of good reviews and a promise that it tasted like restaurant slaw.  I liked the way it turned out and it tasted even better the next day after it had been swimming around in the juices all night in the fridge.
1 bag (16 oz.) coleslaw mix
2 Tbs. diced onion
2/3 cup creamy salad dressing (like Miracle Whip)
3 Tbs. vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbs. white vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. poppy seeds

*Combine coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl.  Whisk together the other ingredients really well and pour over slaw.  Toss well to coat.  Chill for at least a few hours or overnight.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This sounds good because I like my coleslaw sweet. Will definitely make this one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...