Friday, October 15, 2010

Homemade chicken noodle soup


My mother-in-law gave me this recipe. Its pretty easy and tastes so good on a cold or rainy day!

-Rotisserie chicken from Costco
(obviously you don't have to use this chicken but I'll explain how I use it below)
-4 Cups water
-potatoes
-carrots
-celery
-onion
1 cube bullion
1 can cream of chicken
salt/pepper

Noodles-
1 egg
1/2 C flour
**Mix egg and flour. Roll out really thin. Sprinkle with flour on top. Fold dough. Sprinkle again with flour and fold. Cut into thin strips for noodles.

I usually buy a chicken from Costco and after we have some of it, I freeze it. Then when I use it for this soup, I boil it in 4 cups of water. Once the chicken is thawed, take the chicken off of the bones and place in water used to boil chicken. Then add your noodles (I add these 1st since they take a while to cook), chopped veggies, cream of chicken, bullion, and salt/pepper to taste.

Let cook and simmer together until noodles and veggies are cooked.

2 comments:

Rachel Cunningham said...

So excited to see you on here, Nat!! This looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Made this tonight and it turned out wonderful! I had never attempted homemade noodles and doing it this was was easy and yummy! Thanks for the good recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...