Monday, November 15, 2010

Jo Lene's Taco Salad

There are a few reasons why I married into the Gibb family. This, my friends, is one of them. My mother-in-law's taco salad. It is full of flavor and goodness. And it comes with it's own special dressing. It is the number one requested meal at Gibb family gatherings. Enough said.


Taco Salad

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup dry onions
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
3 cans water (use tomato sauce can)
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. accent (I don't use this)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1 cup cooked rice

Brown meat and add onions. Pour in rest of ingredients and let simmer for 30 minutes.

Dressing:

1 cup mayonnaise
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. accent (I don't use this)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion salt or powder

Put all ingredients in blender and mix well.

3 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

Sounds fantastic and super rich. I can't wait to try it.

Brooke Fenn said...

Hi Holly! In the process of making this taco salad as we speak. I used to be in the Gibb's ward. :) Anyway, just wondered, do you serve it over anything? I've got the meat mixture and the dressing.

Thanks,
Brooke (Mortensen) Fenn

brookefenn@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke,

You are probably done with the taco salad by now! Sorry. We serve the meat mixture over lettuce and chips and top it with cheese, dressing and tomatoes. I hope that helps! Sorry for the delay.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...