Friday, May 25, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Taco Filling

You're going to have to trust me on this one.  My horrible picture does not do justice to how yummy this taco filling was.  And I know I have talked trash about cream-of-whatever soups in the past, but I used the cream of chicken soup in this recipe and it was delicious, so there you go.  
I found the recipe on 365 Days of Slow Cooking, which is an awesome recipe blog.  Who doesn't love a good crockpot recipe?  Especially in the Summer when you would do anything to avoid turning on the oven.  We loved these tacos and it was such a quick and easy dinner on a busy end-of-school-crazy night.
6 chicken thighs (I used about 12 frozen chicken tenders)
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup Picante sauce or salsa
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
2 Tbs. taco seasoning
salt/pepper

*Put chicken in crockpot.  Pour the rest of ingredients on top.  Cook for 5-6 hours on low.  Serve in corn tortillas as tacos or in a flour tortilla as a burrito.  Garnish with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, sour cream or whatever floats your boat.

1 comment:

Julie Martin said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. It was delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...