Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Farewell Utah Peaches

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news. So it is with much regret that I post this information. Tomorrow, October 1st, is the LAST day that the "Fruit Lady" is going to get peaches from Utah. Excuse me while I shed a tear. If you want a box, her phone number is 480-844-9953 and her name is Barbara. You don't have to order...you can just show up. First come, first serve. She lives off of Gilbert and McKellips. She will also have pears, raspberries, and blackberries tomorrow for the last time. She will, however, continue ordering apples over the next few weeks. If anyone knows of another Utah peach hook-up...please let me know!

3 comments:

Jade said...

Can I order a box to be sent to Michigan? I think that is what I miss most about not living in Utah.. Well I maybe I miss my family more... Maybe :)

The Dunford Family said...

Rachel,
I got three boxes this year. So, I've been making peach jam and canning peaches like crazy. They're sooo good. But, I just wanted to ask you.. have you ever grilled peaches before? SOO Yummy! you cut them in half remove the pit and middles. dunk them in honey and cinnamon and sugar. Then, put them, half side down on the gril for 10-15 mins. until the skins move and they are heated through. Then remove the skins and eat them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We love 'em! Just one more of the many ways to eat these delicious peaches.

Our Grand Central Station said...

I'm surprised I didn't see you there. I got a ton of peaches, tomatoes and pears from the fruit lady. Love that she does this and makes this wonderful fruit available to all of us. I did see a lot of old friends and acquaintences (?) there. love your blog and your posts. Sherry Harmon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...