Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins

This is another recipe from a relative of the Nielson family. Christian's sister, Alice, had this on her blog and since I am a lover of all pumpkin recipes...I had to try it.
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 cups brown sugar (loosely packed)
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter, melted (or canola oil)
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
*Mix dry ingredients together. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix just until combined. Bake in muffin tins for 15-17 minutes at 350. (8-10 minutes for mini muffins).
*I made some regular sized muffins and some mini muffins. My kids liked them, which is always a bonus. I added some semi-sweet chocolate chips to the last 6 muffins that I made and I probably don't have to tell you that those were my favorite.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Rach, these sound so delicious. I will be definitely making some - if it EVER, EVER cools off! Sheesh!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...