Friday, January 22, 2010

Bran Muffins

Who doesn't love a good bran muffin? I know. Lots of people. But these are good. I promise! Even the hubby who is anti semi-healthy food liked these. Not that these are super healthy by any means, but they have a lot of fiber in them which does the body good. I got the recipe from my "Favorites" cookbook.

4 cups All-Bran cereal
2 cups boiling water
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 quart buttermilk
5 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
5 cups flour
2 cups Bran flakes

Pour boiling water over All-Bran cereal and let sit. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs then dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk. Mix in the water soaked All-Bran. Last, stir in Bran flakes. Batter will store in the fridge for up to 30 days. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes in greased or paper-lined muffin tins.

Note: I halved the recipe and it made 2 dozen muffins.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its Cara, maybe I'm obsessed with food but I'm mad I forgot to try one, I've been meaning to make these, I'll try this recipe. Thx.

Leigh said...

I love this recipe. I make it in a 9x13 pan and drizzle it with buttermilk syrup. Divine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...