Sunday, January 24, 2010

Carne Asada and Pico de Gallo

I was walking through the meat section of my Walmart neighborhood market, minding my own business, when I saw this beautiful package of already diced up carne asada meat. If you knew how much my husband loves carne asada burritos, you would know that I had no choice but to buy it. Then I scoured the internet for a recipe that looked delicious, but still somewhat easy, and this is what I found.

1 1/2 pounds diced up steak
1 whole lime, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 whole onion, chopped
3 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
3 Tbs. soy sauce
2 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
1/2 whole jalapeno, chopped and seeded

*Combine all ingredients in a big ziploc bag and let marinate overnight in refrigerator. Cook in a skillet on medium-high heat until meat is done. Serve as tacos or burritos with pico de gallo, avocado, and cheese.

Pico de Gallo:
roma tomatoes
cilantro
white onion
serrano pepper
garlic clove
1 Tbs. lemon juice
salt

*Dice up 4 or 5 tomatoes. Add the rest of the ingredients, chopped up, to your liking. I used about a half an onion, lots of cilantro, a tiny bit of serrano pepper, 2 garlic cloves and probably a 1/2 tsp. of salt. You can make it how you like it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...