Friday, January 13, 2012

BEST BANANA BREAD Ever!!!


I know EVERYONE has a favorite Banana Bread recipe, but this one is the best EVER--I promise! I have had this recipe for many years and I got it from my dear friend, Kristen Rogers. She's a wonderful cook and every time I make it I think of her. It has a lot of banana so the flavor is really good. I made a loaf last night and it was gone before anyone went to bed.

You can also make banana muffins with this recipe. Just fill cupcake papers, or greased muffin tins 2/3 full and bake approx 15-20 min.

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. shortening, or one cube softened butter (I use butter)
2 eggs
Cream well with mixer, then add:

4 very ripe, mashed bananas
Mix well again. Then add:

1 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
1 3/4 c. flour

Optional: 1 c. nuts (We love pecans--that's what I use)

Mix well and pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45 min. Check the middle and if it doesn't seem done, bake approx. 5 min. longer. This recipe doubles well, to make two loaves.

5 comments:

The Talley Family said...

Is this recipe suppose to have eggs?

MicheleS said...

I made it without the eggs and it turned out great! Family loved it!

klutzy k said...

Made this as muffins (with eggs) this morning. SO good! Our new favorite. I thought we had a great recipe before. This was so easy and so awesome. Thanks!!

Unknown said...

I must have done something wrong. This did not turn out well for me. I did double the recipe, maybe that's why.

Unknown said...

Made this yesterday and it's definitely a family favorite. Very moist and very flavorful... and so easy!! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...