Friday, January 20, 2012

Pretzel Letters


For Christmas, we were able to go to Arizona  for a few weeks.  It was fabulous!!  It was sunny and warm and just so fun!  We loved hanging out with our families and friends and eating at our favorite restaurants.  I think I ate out somewhere almost everyday!  I loved it.  Now we are back in the frozen tundra called Albany.  It's been sooo cold the past few days.  We try not to go outside which leaves us with a case of cabin fever.  I found this fun activity in a magazine called "The Friend."  Griffin was so excited to make letters out of dough.  We had so much fun rolling the dough with our hands then shaping it into letters.  The pretzels were so good right out of the oven.  I was wishing I had some nacho cheese to dip them into! 

Pretzel Letters

1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 - 3 cups flour
1 Tbs. yeast
1 cup warm water
1 Tbs. sugar
melted butter

Mix the first five ingredients until they form a ball.  Then, knead dough until smooth and elastic.  Place in a greased bowl and cover with a towel.  Let rise for 1 hour.  Pull off sections of the dough and roll into long ropes.  Form into letters or shapes.  Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees.  When done, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt or cinnamon and sugar.

3 comments:

Lana and Terry said...

These are so cute, and they look delicious! Sounds yummy with cinnamon and sugar:)

Cara said...

we did this activity too holly! they were really good i thought, and we didn't have nacho cheese either. sad i missed you, we weren't there long in az. maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

I wish to show some appreciation to this writer for rescuing me from this type of incident. Because of checking throughout the online world and meeting tricks which were not productive, I figured my life was gone. Being alive devoid of the approaches to the problems you've solved all through your good post is a crucial case, as well as those that could have in a wrong way affected my career if I had not come across your site. Your actual expertise and kindness in maneuvering all areas was helpful. I don't know what I would've done if I had not come across such a stuff like this. I'm able to at this moment relish my future. Thanks for your time so much for your impressive and result oriented guide. I won't be reluctant to propose your web blog to any individual who should get guidance on this situation.
Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...