Monday, August 4, 2014

RICE KRISPIE TREATS w/MINI-MARSHMALLOWS, WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS & MINI-CHOCOLATE CHIPS

I know - it's the longest title in the history of a cooking blog. Just didn't want you to think these are boring Rice Krispie Treats (never boring in my book). Is there anyone who doesn't like Rice Krispie treats?

I was walking down the hall a while back at our church and one of the youth from our congregation walked towards me eating something. He's the cutest, nicest kid so I asked him what he was eating - hoping he would share - he did! .  It was these delicious treats! I promptly said "Who made these?" He informed me our cute friend Amanda, so I texted her that very moment and asked her for the recipe. These just add a little "something" to the regular treats.

A little hint - sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top after you've mixed in everything else.  They are so small they melt and you'll  have marbled treats.

1/2 c. butter (1/2 cube - you can use a little more if you like)
1 large bag of regular sized marshmallows (not minis)


Microwave butter and marshmallows 2-3 minutes to melt the butter.  Stir well to completely mix the butter and marshmallow.
Stir in 1/2 t. vanilla and
Add:
8 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1/2 bag of mini-marshmallows (I used more)
1/2 bag white chocolate chips

Mix well with the melted butter and marshmallow mix.  Spread in a 9x13, greased or buttered dish.  Promptly sprinkle 1/2 bag mini-chocolate chips on top and press them very lightly into mixture to "secure" them.  Cool, cut into squares and eat!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...