I have so many recipes pinned on Pinterest, I think its time I went through them and printed (yes - the old fashioned way to read a recipe). I always think maybe the source they came from will get deleted or someone will cancel their blog. I found this and pinned it while looking for a different recipe. This cute girl's name is Kathleen and her cooking blog is gonnawantseconds.com. And let me tell you, this bread is good for second or thirds or even fourths. I only used 1 t. cinnamon, as I don't like my food too "cinnamony". I know that's not a word. It makes two loaves and I gave one to a neighbor. Great fall recipe to use with all the wonderful apples that are appearing. The glaze is so delicious!! This bread is heavy and doesn't raise very high but is so dense, moist and delicious.
Apple Bread with Pecan Praline GlazeYield:2 Loaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8X4 inch baking pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the first nine ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, oil and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and combine. (The batter will be extremely thick). Mix in apples and 1 cup chopped pecans until evenly distributed through batter.
3. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans and smooth out the top of batter with the back of a spoon. Bake in preheat oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean and edges of bread are just pulling away from baking pan.
Make The Glaze:
1. In a heavy bottomed 2 quart saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
2. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and using a hand held electric mixer beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour half the glaze immediately over each loaf of cooled bread and sprinkle evenly with pecans.