Sunday, May 31, 2009

ROOT BEER COOKIES




This recipe came from my sister who got if from a friend of hers. Isn't that where all of us get our recipes? From someone else who got it from someone else. Even if we alter the recipe a little--it usually came from somewhere or someone else. I know stories of those who will not, under any circumstance, share a "secret" recipe. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now... These are yummy and great BTW. They are my favorite kind of cookie--soft!! And thanks again to the internet for the picture. As usual--I forgot!

ROOT BEER COOKIES

2 c. brown sugar
2 t. root beer concentrate
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3 ½ c. flour
2 eggs
1 t. baking soda
½ c. water
1 t. salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs, water and root beer concentrate and mix again. In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients. Stir dry ingredients into sugar egg mixture just until well mixed. Dough is a little sticky. Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Do not over-bake.

Frosting:

2 c. powdered sugar
½ cube unsalted butter, softened
½ T. root beer concentrate
1 T. hot water

Combine butter, sugar and root beer concentrate. Add half of the hot water and mix well. Add other half only if needed. Frosting should be just at spreading consistency. Frost on completely cooled cookies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never ever heard of root beer cookies. Sounds intriguing! I'll have to try these for sure because I'm so curious as to what they taste like. Thanks for sharing, Bon Bon! BTW, I hate when people won't share a recipe. Please!

MaRiN said...

The kids would love these! I have never heard of a root beer cookie before...sounds yummy.

Lauren said...

Holy cow!! I'm gonna have to try this! Root Beer is my little guilty pleasure!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked the recipe and the picture. :)

Jack and Daynalee said...

These are SO yummy! I made them for Sunday Treats today. My hubby loved them! I posted them on my blog BetterThanBurgers.net (linked back to you of course) they should go up in the next few weeks. Thanks for a fabulous recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...