Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Brownies

I have always been a box brownie girl. I think they taste the best. Until....I made these babies! Wow, these brownies are good! And I mean good. Chocolatey goodness topped with chocolatey goodness frosting that you can't stop eating. I made them on Sunday and they were a definite crowd pleaser. I got the recipe from this blog. Please make them.

4 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour

Beat eggs with mixer in large bowl. Then, add sugar, salt and vanilla and beat for 1 minute.

Add melted butter and mix. In a separate bowl, combine flour and cocoa and mix well. Then, add to egg mixture until well combined. Spread batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and spread with frosting.

Frosting:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup cocoa
milk

Blend powdered sugar, butter cocoa and enough milk to make a spreadable consistency. You want the frosting to be thick, so don't add more than a 1/4 cup of milk. Spread on brownies after they have cooled for about 15 minutes.

*Double recipe and bake in a jelly roll pan for a large crowd.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for a great recipe! These things are delicious and pretty enough to take to someone!

Jade said...

I have made these twice already. I think about them daily. Seriously, why did we ever use a box?

Ramoma Nesbitt said...

These are the easiest brownies I have ever made and they are so delishious! I will make them over and over again. Thanks for such a simple recipe that is the best!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...