Monday, August 16, 2010

Pesto Bowtie Pasta

I've been on a pesto kick lately. I can't get enough of it. I recently decided that I need to start making my own pesto, so I scoured the internet for the perfect pesto recipe. I found one that is easy and delicious. Then I started searching for recipes that had pesto in them and this is one of the ones I found. Super easy, super flavorful and super filling. Even the kiddos liked it. Both recipes are below.
1 box bowtie pasta (16 oz.)
1 cup pesto (see recipe below)
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste

*Cook bowtie pasta according to package directions. Rinse under water to cool slightly and drain really well. Stir in pesto and stir until pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and feta cheese. Toss to combine. Cover pasta and refrigerate before serving. Add a little olive oil before serving if it seems dry.

Pesto:
2 cups fresh basil, packed
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 garlic cloves
salt/pepper

*Mix well in a food processor. You can store it in the refrigerator for a few weeks or freeze it for later use.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...