Sunday, August 8, 2010

Double Tomato Bruschetta

So one day Brett comes home from work and hands me this huge insurance brochure that looks like a large pizza. It is literally the size of a large pizza. Filled with insurance information and pictures of guys I've never heard of and graphs and charts...blah, blah, blah. I asked him why he was giving it to me and he said because it has recipes in it. I love that guy.
You could pretty much put fresh basil on anything edible and I would love it. That's how I knew I would love this recipe. Fresh basil and fresh garlic...that's a win-win for everyone.


6 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 cups shredded mozzarella

*Combine all ingredients (except bread and cheese) and let sit for 10 minutes. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil for 1 minute until lightly toasted. Spoon tomato mixture onto bread and sprinkle with mozzarella. Broil for 3 more minutes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must have missed your call to invite me over to eat these. Looks delish!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...