Friday, December 24, 2010

White Velvet Sugar Cookies

Would you believe that Holly and I both tried a new sugar cookie recipe in the same week and we got both recipes off of "My Kitchen Cafe." 
Betty minds think alike.
I have always used the sour cream recipe and I love it, but I was so curious about this recipe since it has cream cheese in it.
I thought they were really yummy and I loved the texture.  Not as puffy as the sour cream cookies, but just as tasty for sure.

2 cups butter, softened
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
4 3/4 cups flour

*Cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.  Add sugar, yolks and vanilla.  Mix well.  Gradually add flour.  The dough will be very soft.  Don't worry, it firms up after chilling.  Cover in plastic wrap and chill for a few hours.  Roll out onto a floured surface and cute into desired shapes.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Cool 5 minutes on pan before placing on cooling rack.  Frost with your favorite frosting when cooled.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...