Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

34 years.
That's how long I lived without having Nutella in my life.
Such a shame!
I have heard people talk about Nutella but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I actually bought some to try.
My life will never be the same.
We have tried it on everything we can think of and dipped everything we can think of into it.  Then it dawned on me that there are probably tons of recipes out there with Nutella in them.  So I started searching and holy cow, I have been missing out, big time.
This is the first of many recipes that I will be trying and these cookies were super duper chewy and yummy.
Three cheers for Nutella!!!!!

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Nutella
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 bag chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate)

*Beat butter until fluffy.  Add sugars and beat for 3 minutes.  Add Nutella, eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.  I refrigerated the dough for a few hours, but you don't have to.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before placing on cooling rack.  If I can find cheap hazelnuts, I'm going to try adding some chopped up next time.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Those look delicious! I am now dreaming of Nutella. Nice pics! :)

Vickie said...

Rach-I found Nutella when we went to visit Ken and Tawny in South Africa back in 'o2. I've had a jar in my cupboard ever since! Thanks for a new way to enjoy it's deliciousness.

natalie todd said...

Yum I can't wait to make these. I've yet to buy Nutella and after reading this post I want to buy it now!! They look so good!

Jamie W. said...

Yum!! I too was just introduced to Nutella. My friend gave me a jar. When I found your post on this recipe I had to finally try it. This was yummy!! My kids ate them up.

Jade said...

Yum how good do these look?
http://www.yourcupofcake.com/2011/04/nutella-cupcakes.html

Chyrisse Ballard said...

Betty, the dough is even better! Thank you for the recipe and your wonderful blog that makes dinner time more fun. You and the Food Nanny have saved me!
Sincerely,
A Mom in Southern Utah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...