Friday, March 18, 2011

Chicken Pasta Salad

My friend Heidi Sherman introduced me to this a while ago and ever since then it has been one of my favorite pasta salads. I love the sweetness of the fruit in it and the crunch of the pecans. Thanks Heidi for introducing me to this yummy salad.

4 c. bow-tie pasta (i used penne that's what I had)
4 c. Chicken, cooked and cubed
1/2 c. green onions
1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 1/2 c. mayo.
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 c. red grapes
1 c. pecans, coarsely chopped
1/2 c. craisins

Cook pasts according to package directions; drain. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except grapes, pecans, and craisins. Marinate mixture in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Add grapes, pecans and craisins just before serving. Makes about 12 cups.

1 comment:

salena said...

this looks so good, i'm gonna try it this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...