Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fantasy Fudge

Have you ever fantasized about fudge?
If not, then you probably haven't tried this fudge recipe before.
It is the recipe on the back of the Kraft marshmallow creme jar and it is the best fudge I have ever tasted.  
The first time I had it was when my friend, Julie, made it for book club.  I couldn't believe how good it was and I couldn't stop eating it.  She said that growing up, her mom always made this fudge and she always thought it was like a secret family recipe.  She didn't find out where the recipe really came from until she was older and asked her mom for it.  So funny.
Regardless of where the recipe came from, though, you must try it if you are a fan of fudge.
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 package chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1 jar (7 oz.) Jet-Puffed marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped walnuts (I left these out)
1 tsp. vanilla

*Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan.  Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Boil for 5 minutes (jar says 4 minutes but you need to do 5), stirring constantly to prevent scorching.  Remove from heat.  Add chocolate chips and marshmallow creme.  Stir until completely melted.  Add vanilla (and nuts if you want) and mix well.  Pour immediately into a 9x13 pan (the jar says 9x9 but I wanted them smaller) and spread to even it out.  Leave at room temperature for 4 hours or until completely cooled.  Cut into 1-inch squares.



*As you can see from the picture, my fudge didn't set up well and it was because I didn't boil it long enough.  It still tasted good but we had to use spoons to eat it.  If you have a candy thermometer, it needs to get to about 235.

2 comments:

Greg said...

This was the same in my house growing up. My Grandmother had this awesome recipe that knocked my socks off for fudge and I was really floored when she told me it was on the bottle. I have played with it a bit and depending on my mood I might add an extra ingredient like peppermint candy cane pieces or Heath bar pieces to change it up just a little. I have tried other things but they, I did not care for even trying to repeat or fix. The other recipe that floored me was her Strawberry Freezer Jam, which likewise she informed me was in the box of Sure-gel. Man oh man oh man!

dellamccabe said...

Probably this is the have to have app for all mobile phone users. Xmodgames APK Over your Android tool, you're mosting likely to delight in every single little amusement.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...