Monday, October 24, 2011

Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies

Ever since I ate that legendary cookie from the Levain Bakery in NYC, I haven't stopped thinking about dark chocolate and walnuts.
A food marriage that is sure to last.
I looked at a few different cookie recipes that I love and came up with this one.  It's practically healthy, minus the butter and brown sugar.  My husband and I loved them, but the kids were less than impressed.  They don't appreciate dark chocolate or walnuts yet, but I'm not giving up hope.
1 cup butter, softened to room temp
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour (I used hard white wheat flour)
2 cups oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 bag dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
1 cup walnuts, broken into small pieces

*Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Add chocolate chips and walnuts and mix to combine.  Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes at 350.  I take mine out when they still look a little gooey and then I let them sit on the cookie sheet for 5 more minutes before removing to a wire rack.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I we love both of those. Crossing my fingers for some on my doorstep next time you make a batch.

Anonymous said...

These look amazing, Rach! I wish you could bring some over to my house. December.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...