Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies


 I love the Fall.  I love pumpkin.  I love pumpkin spice Hershey Kisses.  And I loved these cookies!  I couldn't wait to get my hands on these kisses this year!  I knew they would make their appearance come October, so I waited patiently and hurried to Target to buy some as soon as I could.  Last year, I made pumpkin cookies with the pumpkin spice kisses.  This year, I wanted to try something different.  My friend, Stephanie, had the idea of adding them to your basic oatmeal cookie with a few spices thrown in.  Genius!  I used my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe as the base.  I think these are the perfect fall treat!!


Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 bag of Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses, quartered

Cream butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Pour in spices then oatmeal and flour.  Mix then add chocolate chips and kisses.  Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.  Cool on cooling wrack. 

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yummy! So good! Thanks for the sample last night.

Lana and Terry said...

These look yummy! Plan to make some for me when I get there THIS Wed:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...