Friday, October 26, 2012

Caramel Corn Puffs

Or Caramel Corn Crack, as I affectionately call it.  While I have not personally tried crack, I am pretty sure since it's so good this stuff is just as a addicting and dangerous as the real stuff.  My friend Hayley introduced me to this ridiculous recipe, and my life will now never be the same. It is going to knock you socks off, and you will never go back to traditional carmel corn.  I took it to my friend Caroline's  Halloween Playgroup and it was a hit.  


Carmel Corn Puffs

2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup corn syrup
1 can sweeten condensed milk.
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 baking soda

In large sauce pan melt and combine sugar and butter.  Stir in corn syrup and bring to a low boil.  Add the milk and bring back to a low boil for about a minute, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda.  The soda will make everything foam up so make sure it is in a large pan (learned this the hard way).  Pour over a 15 oz bag of "Corn Pops".  It is not the cereal.  It looks like Pirates Booty but it isn't flavored.  I found mine at Harmon's but I hear Walmart has it too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...