Thursday, October 8, 2009

Breadsticks

I got this recipe from my friend, Shauna, after having these at her house. I am not a bread-making person, although I really want to be someday. But when she told me how easy they were, I decided to give it a go. Not only are they super easy, but they also make your house smell like Heaven and they are so good.
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. yeast (SAF instant)
3 cups (plus a little more) flour
*Combine and knead for 5-6 minutes on low speed. Let rest for 10 minutes. Take sections of dough and roll out into rectangles. Cut into strips with a pizza cutter and place on baking sheet. Brush on melted butter and top with Italian seasoning (recipe below) and Parmesan. Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

Italian Seasoning:
1 Tb. onion powder
3 Tbs. oregano
1 Tbs. marjoram
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbs. basil

*Save some dough and make dessert breadsticks with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Bake separately so they don't take on the Italian seasoning taste.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...