Saturday, December 26, 2009

Brunch Casserole

Christmas morning we always have a big brunch at my parents' house. It used to be a breakfast but each year we start later and later so now it's a brunch. Back in the day we always had hootenanny pancakes but there are too many people now so we all bring something and have a buffet style meal. This year I brought a potato/egg/sausage casserole that I found in my ward cookbook. I love breakfast foods and this casserole hit the spot.

1 bag frozen hash browns
2 lbs. regular pork sausage
1 chopped onion
6 eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 Tbs. parsley
salt/pepper to taste
grated Swiss cheese
grated Cheddar cheese

*Press hash browns into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, brown the sausage and onion. Layer on top of potatoes. Beat the eggs, milk and seasonings together and pour over sausage. Sprinkle with the two cheeses. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...