Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ranch Chicken Taco Filling

Holy cow, is it summer or what?!
I have to say that my desire to cook/bake takes a major nose-dive in the hot summer months.  Frozen yogurt counts as dinner, right??

I saw this recipe on Pinterest, was too lazy to repin it, then couldn't find it when I went back to look at it again.  That's what I get for trusting my memory.  But I'm pretty sure I got the ingredients right and it turned out really moist and yummy, so if it's missing something, oh well.  We all liked the way it tasted.
Frozen chicken tenders or chicken breasts
Chicken broth
Ranch seasoning
Taco seasoning

*I put about 10-12 chicken tenders in the crockpot.  Then I poured about 3/4 of a can of chicken broth over them to cover the tops.  Then I sprinkled some Ranch seasoning (enough to cover each piece) and then did the same with taco seasoning.  Sorry I don't have more precise measurements.

*Cook for 5-6 hours on low and then serve however your family likes.  We had it over rice with some cheese but you could also serve it in tortillas, over tortilla chips or as a salad.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'm with you Rach!I can hardly bear to turn on my oven--so most of the time I don't!! This looks good and easy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...