Monday, June 18, 2012

Peanut Butter Bars

I made these delicious bars a few weeks ago and keep forgetting to post recipe.  I wanted to make a treat so I checked my pantry and fridge to see what I ingredients I had.  I found this recipe on Sweet Treats and More.  She's got some really good, easy recipes.  These were a cinch to whip up!  Perfect to take to a party or event.  Yum!


Peanut Butter Bars

1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 c. peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. quick oats
chocolate chips to sprinkle on top


Cream sugars and butter.  Add egg, peanut butter, and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients except chocolate chips.  Stir till combined.  Press into a lightly greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Return to oven and bake 8 to 10 more minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...