Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork

I admit, I'm a total Dr. Pepper addict, so when I came across this recipe (found at Crockin' Girls) I knew it had to be good!  It definitely did not disappoint and what is even better is I didn't have to heat up my kitchen because you  make it in your crock pot. :)

Ingredients

  • 1 Bone-in Pork Shoulder
  • Seasonings for pork (Season salt, garlic powder, pepper etc)
  • 3/4 Cup BBQ Sauce
  • 1 Can Dr. Pepper

Directions

  1. Step One

    Season the pork (the night before or the day of) and place it in the slow-cooker. I used Lawry's Season salt, pepper, dried onion flakes, cayenne pepper & some minced garlic.
  2. Step Two

    Then add the BBQ sauce and soda, and turn the heat to low.
  3. Step Three

    Let it cook for about eight hours, or until you return home.
  4. Step Four

    Shred it with two forks, remove any skin/bone/gross bits, and let the remaining meat soak up all the sauce.
I served it with homemade rolls and veggies with ranch.  Hawaiian sweet rolls would be really good too.
     

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...