Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons buttermilk or milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease one loaf pan
- Mix sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, buttermilk, and bananas in a mixing bowl. Combine completely.
- Add in flour, soda, and salt, and 1/2 cup of the walnuts.
- Pour into the pan, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup walnuts over the top of the batter slightly pressing in the walnuts.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Use a tester to check if it is cooked internally.
- Cool and remove from the pan.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
(these are approximate amounts. add more or less struesel, depending on your taste)
Mix together & sprinkle the mixture over a thin layer of batter in a prepared loaf pan. Cover with additional batter and bake.