Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread

I had some bananas sitting on my counter that just kept getting more ripe by the day and I finally got around to making some banana bread.  I went looking on Pinterest to find a yummy new recipe and I think I found one that I will keep making over and over.  I found the recipe on Heidi Bakes and the struesel center she uses is beyond amazing.  I don't think I'll ever make banana bread without it!

Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread

  • 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons buttermilk or milk
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease one loaf pan
  2. Mix sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, buttermilk, and bananas in a mixing bowl. Combine completely.
  3. Add in flour, soda, and salt, and 1/2 cup of the walnuts.
  4. Pour into the pan, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup walnuts over the top of the batter slightly pressing in the walnuts.
  5. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Use a tester to check if it is cooked internally.
  6. Cool and remove from the pan.

Struesel Layer
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
(these are approximate amounts. add more or less struesel, depending on your taste)

Mix together & sprinkle the mixture over a thin layer of batter in a prepared loaf pan. Cover with additional batter and bake.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...