Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oven Roasted Broccoli

Sometimes, ok, all the time I get obsessed with something and have to have it over and over again.  Like the cookie dough dip.  I don't even want to admit how many times I've made it.  Or the pork enchiladas.  Or the cereal I've been eating for breakfast for a year straight.  I'm crazy like that.  Anyways, I recently tried oven roasted broccoli and now I can't stop making it.  It comes out of the oven with the perfect tenderness and taste.  Griffin loves it too.  I like to think it makes up for all the other crap he eats.  I've since roasted green beans and those were heavenly too.  Looks like a summer of oven-roasted veggies for us!

Oven Roasted Broccoli

3 heads of broccoli, cut and chopped
extra-virgin olive oil
garlic salt

Place broccoli on a cookie sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil.  Mix around with hands to make sure most pieces are coated with oil.  Sprinkle with garlic salt.  Bake at 400 for 18 to 20 minutes.

7 comments:

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I need a new way to cook brocolli since we eat a lot of it. I will have to try this out for sure!

Rachel Cunningham said...

I can't believe you use paper plates! What kind of a mother are you? I am appalled. Good grief sister, show some love to your family.

Allison said...

I am also obsessed with oven roasted broccoli. I just use sea salt and not garlic salt but, I will try that this week. We just got 3 more heads in our csa basket. I have also been eating the same breakfast for a year ...

Cindy said...

Hey, I just found your wonderful blog somewhere, can't remember who recommended it, but you have some really amazing recipes! It looks like you cook with a lot of the same things that I do, only different, so I will be back!
Thanks for this excellent recipe, I think I will try it tomorrow.
Hugs, Cindy

natalie todd said...

Ha ha Rach.

the DeCampos Family said...

I made this the other night and my 5 year old asked to take the leftovers to school the next day!! I was shocked!
thanks for the great recipes!

Kristi said...

I make mine like this but I add some basil and sea salt or kosher salt to it and then add lemon juice after its cooked...my kids love it like this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...