Sunday, June 26, 2011

Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie

This is the dessert we had on Father's Day.
BC loves strawberry pie and since his mom makes such a good one,  I have never attempted to duplicate it.
But then I saw this recipe in my ward cookbook and it looked so easy I had to try it.  I'm not much of a pie-maker, so I was kind of nervous, but BC loved it and wants me to make it again so we'll call it a success!
1 (9 inch) baked pie shell
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar

*Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together really well and spread in the bottom of pie shell.  Set aside.

2 boxes strawberries
1/4 cup water
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tbs. lemon juice
4 Tbs. cornstarch
whipped cream for the top

*Crush up enough berries (I used a food processor) to make 1 cup.  Set aside the crushed berries.  Cut up the rest of the berries into bite-sized pieces.  In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch.  Stir well and add the crushed berries.  Stir well again and then cook over medium-high heat until boiling.  Cook for 2 minutes until thick and clear.  Cool.  Press the cut-up berries into the cream cheese mixture and then pour cooled strawberry mixture over berries.  Chill until ready to serve and then top with whipped cream.

*When I made the strawberry mixture on the stove it was really thick and didn't look like it was going to work so we ended up adding more water to it until we liked the consistency.  I'm anxious to try this recipe again and see if that happens a second time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally gonna make this for Ry. He would love. Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...