Friday, June 10, 2011

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich

 I love me a juicy, tender pulled pork sandwich.  Especially in the summer.  Not sure why, but it just seems to go with the season.  I got this idea from one of our favorite blogs, The Girl Who Ate Everything.  But instead of root beer, I used Coke because that's what I had in the cupboard.  The meat was fork tender and made for a tasty sandwich.  And it all cooks in the crockpot which makes it so easy and doesn't heat up your whole house.

image from Rachelleb.com

Pulled Pork

1 pork tenderloin
1 bottle Coca-cola or Rootbeer
1 bottle BBQ sauce

Put pork in crockpot.  Season with salt and pepper then pour Coca-cola to cover meat.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.  When meat is cooked, drain soda and add BBQ sauce.  Shred meat and serve on toasted buns with a slice of provolone cheese.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...