Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Birthday Dinner - Tortilla Soup and Double Chocolate Pie

Tortilla Soup - recipe from friend in Wisconsin

2 or 3 chicken breasts,diced
1 onion, chopped
Cilantro, chopped (I buy one bunch and use about 1/3 of it)
3 tsp. garlic, minced
1 can chicken broth
1 can tomato soup
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can green chiles
1/2 tsp. chile powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice

Combine ingredients in crockpot. Cook on high 4-6 hours or low all day. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips on top. Also good with a scoop of sour cream.

Annette's Double Chocolate Pie

1 oreo crust
1 small pkg. chocolate pudding (can use sugar-free, tastes good)
1 small pkg. white chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1 container Lite cool whip

Whisk chocolate pudding with 3/4 cup milk until thick, then add half cool whip. Mix and spread onto crust. Next, whisk white chocolate pudding with 3/4 cup milk, then add rest of cool whip. Spread on top of chocolate mixture. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I just wanted to tell you guys that I use yuor recipes all the time and that my family loves them. Our favorite is the lasagna. Keep um coming.

vanessa said...

My sister told me about this blog and I love it! I have made several dinners that my whole family liked!(that is rare!) Such a good idea!
Thanks! Vanessa Gornik

By the way your little boy is adorable!

Cara said...

Holly! I've made this dessert twice now and Jake loves it! Thanks for sharing, had to tell you I love the chili, have made the ritz chicken and more, thanks for sharing the love!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...