Thursday, January 15, 2009

Easy Eclair Dessert

I got this recipe from my friend, Sharon Lindblom, when we were in Beehives together. We made it for New Beginnings and it was a hit. I am all about desserts that look like they were hard to make but were actually super easy. This one is a winner for sure.

1 box Graham crackers (3 sleeves)
2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
1 tub cool whip (or whipped cream)
chocolate frosting

*Grease a 9X13 pan with butter. Put a single layer or crackers on the bottom. Make pudding as directed and fold in cool whip. I made whipped cream instead (cool whip issues) and just guesstimated on the amount to fold into pudding. Spread half of pudding mixture over crackers. Put another layer of crackers. Spread the rest of pudding mixture. Top with one final layer of crackers. Frost the top with chocolate frosting. You can use a container of frosting from the store, but if you're a frosting snob like I am, just make your own. I used the recipe on the Hershey's cocoa can and it was really good.
*Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight before serving.

4 comments:

MJM said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile and I am glad that I did today. One of my aunts brought this dessert to us and it was so incredibly good. I think I personally ate the whole pan. I wanted to ask her for the recipe but now I don't have to. Thanks.
I love this stuff. I bet it would be even better with homemade chocolate frosting.

Anonymous said...

What- you never told me about this one! I know it would like it. I love how easy it is. I'll be making this one fo sho!

Bonnie said...

My aunt used to make this for us and she would make little individual servings with the squares of graham crackers and put the frosting just on top. I'm a frosting snob too - I really don't like the canned stuff!

Holly Noel said...

I am always cooking from this site. I keep the blog up as I make whatever is looking appetizing for the day. Thanks for the recipes. Keep up the good work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...