Friday, January 30, 2009

Chicken Enchilada Soup

Let me introduce you to my new favorite soup. I got the recipe from Dr. Ben Whiting, DDS, aka my brother-in-law, who got it from someone at his office. It is really good and a little spicy if you're into that sort of thing. We love it.

1 1/2 pounds shredded, cooked chicken
2 (28 oz.) cans Macayo's green enchilada sauce
1 can chicken broth
8 oz. cream cheese
1 can Mexicorn (Green Giant)
1 cup instant rice (I used regular rice)
2 cups half and half

*Cook chicken, shred and set aside. You could also use canned chicken. Heat chicken broth in large saucepan. Add cream cheese and stir until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer until rice is tender. Add shredded cheese and tortilla chips on top.
**This recipe makes a ton of soup, but it saves well in the fridge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'll have to make this one soon. I'm trying to figure out the stringy things are in the soup. It looks like onions but the recipe doesn't call for them. Hmmmm?

Rachel Cunningham said...

That is the Monterey Jack cheese that I put on top. Sorry for the confusion.

Jade said...

Oh my delish! I can't wait to have this!

zazasnana said...

What size can of chicken broth did you use?

Rachel Cunningham said...

I use the 14.5 oz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...