Monday, March 16, 2009

Cinnamon Swirl Cake

I got this recipe from Patty Larson at my bridal shower. Everyone was supposed to bring a recipe to share with me (the blushing bride) but only like 2 people actually did. It has turned out to be one of my favorite recipes. It's like eating a cinnamon roll, but way easier to make.1 cube butter, softened
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
*Mix together and pour into a 9X13 pan. Then mix:
1 cube melted butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 T. flour
1 T. cinnamon
*Pour on top of yellow mixture and swirl in using a fork. Don't mix completely. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Drizzle with frosting:
1/2 cube butter, softened
powdered sugar
some milk
1 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to have you back!

Amy Snell said...

Wow!! This sounds delicious!! Thanks for posting...

The Hills said...

isn't it the best?!?! my mom always used to make it for breakfast and it was so yummy to wake up to... not the healthiest, but who cares, right?

Giles Fam said...

Wow! That looks delish--I may just have to try it out. :)

Pokemon said...

Everything absolutely looks divine. I am headed to the kitchen now, can't wait to eat something yummy. I will definitely be trying this one out. With the 2 1/2 cubes of butter and all...who cares if it tastes great, right?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...