Friday, June 5, 2009

Stir Fry Part 2

The other day Holly said to me, "I'm making stir-fry tonight." I said, "Hey that's funny, so am I!" (When you have a recipe blog with your sister, you tell each other everything you cook or bake and if it's already on the blog). So that evening when I started dinner I realized that I was out of sauce. Don't you hate it when you totally think you have something in your fridge or pantry and then you don't? So I decided to look online and see if I could find an easy homemade stir-fry sauce. I couldn't even tell you which website this came from because I looked at so many, but it was easy and tasty.2 bags frozen stir-fry veggies from Fresh and Easy
2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks
2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
*Mix sauce ingredients well and add chicken chunks. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. When ready to cook, heat a large skillet on stove. Add 1 Tbs. oil. Add chicken chunks (and a little sauce) and cook for 5 minutes. Add veggies and stir-fry until heated through. Cover and let sit for a few minutes. Serve over rice.
**If you are looking for a really delicious soy sauce...Brett's cousin told me about one and I love it. It's at Lee Lee's market and it's called Yamasa Tsuyu, naturally brewed soy-sauce based concentrate. Worth a trip out there.


Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

This sauce sounds good and it looks pretty easy. Look at you doing links and all!!

MaRiN said...

Both stir frys look delicious! I need to make these more often. Thanks for the homemade sauce recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...