Friday, June 5, 2009

Stir Fry Part 2

The other day Holly said to me, "I'm making stir-fry tonight." I said, "Hey that's funny, so am I!" (When you have a recipe blog with your sister, you tell each other everything you cook or bake and if it's already on the blog). So that evening when I started dinner I realized that I was out of sauce. Don't you hate it when you totally think you have something in your fridge or pantry and then you don't? So I decided to look online and see if I could find an easy homemade stir-fry sauce. I couldn't even tell you which website this came from because I looked at so many, but it was easy and tasty.2 bags frozen stir-fry veggies from Fresh and Easy
2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks
Sauce:
2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
*Mix sauce ingredients well and add chicken chunks. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. When ready to cook, heat a large skillet on stove. Add 1 Tbs. oil. Add chicken chunks (and a little sauce) and cook for 5 minutes. Add veggies and stir-fry until heated through. Cover and let sit for a few minutes. Serve over rice.
**If you are looking for a really delicious soy sauce...Brett's cousin told me about one and I love it. It's at Lee Lee's market and it's called Yamasa Tsuyu, naturally brewed soy-sauce based concentrate. Worth a trip out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sauce sounds good and it looks pretty easy. Look at you doing links and all!!

MaRiN said...

Both stir frys look delicious! I need to make these more often. Thanks for the homemade sauce recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...