Thursday, July 22, 2010

TWICE BAKED POTATOES



Everyone in my family loves these...however, most of the time I am too lazy to make them. And I don't really know why I'm posting this recipe in the heat of the summer because I certainly have been avoiding turning on my oven if I can possibly get away with it. At least that's my excuse!!

4-5 large russet potatoes
1/2 c. sour cream
1 T. chopped chives (or tops of green onions)
3-4 pieces of cooked, crumbled bacon (or bacon bits--I don't like the fake ones!)
4 T. real butter
milk
salt & pepper
Cheddar cheese

Scrub potatoes well and pat dry. Do not wrap the potatoes in foil. the skins need to be sturdy to hold the potato mixture. Pierce each potato with a fork several times and bake in a 400 degree oven for approx. 1 hour or until done. Pierce with a fork to make sure potatoes are completely done.

Remove potatoes from oven and slice in half lengthwise. scoop most of the inside of the potato out with a large spoon, leaving about 1/4 inch white part in skin. Place the scooped out potato insides in a bowl and add the sour cream, salt and pepper to taste, butter and a little milk. Beat with beaters until smooth. Stir in the bacon and chives. Spoon the potato mixture back into the potato skins and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with a generous amount of Cheddar cheese and place under broiler, just until cheese melts. Keep warm until serving time.

1 comment:

Lana and Terry said...

Love this recipe and also the baked ziti. I'm going to try them both this next week!! Hopefully:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...