Friday, July 16, 2010

Frosted Banana Bars

Sometimes when I have really ripe bananas, I don't want to make banana bread. Sometimes I just want something sweeter. These bars do the trick. Sweet and moist. And the frosting just seals the deal. I try not to turn my oven on very often when it's 115 outside, but I made an exception for these today.
1 cube butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt

*Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla. Mix well. Add dry ingredients. Mix well. Spread onto a greased jelly roll pan (15x10x1) and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool before frosting.

Frosting:
1 cube butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar (1 box)
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt

*Mix really well and add a little milk if it's too thick. Spread onto cooled bars.

3 comments:

Lana and Terry said...

Let me just say: These are yummy! Thanks, Rach, for sharing:)

Sherri said...

I am so excited to make these bars, and the fried chicken and the savory rice for dinner tonight! thanks! =)

Tracy said...

I just made these...YUMMY!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...