Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I present to you a chocolate chip cookie with no white flour and no white sugar. And it still tastes really good. Not that it's low-fat or healthy by any stretch of the imagination, but we do what we can, right? I got this recipe years ago from my sister-in-law's sister, Amy. The kids eat them up and have no idea they are a little bit healthy.

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups oats
2 tsp. baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips (we like Ghirardelli milk choc.)

*Mix butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add dry ingredients. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes at 250.

*My thoughts on whole wheat flour:
I don't like the kind they sell at the store. I like to buy hard white wheat and grind it right before I use it. Much lighter and tastier than red wheat or store-bought wheat flour.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...