Monday, April 4, 2011

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

Don't you just love berry season?
Just when I start to get tired of apples and oranges, the berries come out in full swing.  I love them all and I especially love when they are on sale!
My mother-in-law got a smokin' deal on a big case of blueberries a couple of weeks ago and sent me home one day with 6 boxes.  We kept two in the fridge to eat and I froze the rest for smoothies.
Then I found this recipe and was so excited to try it out.  It was really good and my frozen blueberries worked perfectly.
I made lemon drizzle as an option to put on top.
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup honey (I used brown sugar)
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups blueberries

*Beat eggs.  Stir in milk and oil.  Mix in remaining ingredients, except blueberries, until moist.  Add blueberries and mix.  Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.  Makes 24 muffins.

Lemon drizzle (not pictured):
fresh lemon juice
powdered sugar

*Squeeze a large lemon and then add powdered sugar, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick enough to drizzle.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...