Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

 My name is Holly Gibb
and
I'm a peanut butter addict.
I eat peanut butter every single day.  On my apples, bananas, slathered across a graham cracker, on toast, and sometimes just with a spoon.  I love it and can't get enough of it.  A couple of days ago, I wanted to bake and I wanted peanut butter and chocolate to be the key ingredients.  I searched the web and found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen who got it from the famous Magnolia Bakery in NYC.  Hello- I knew it had to be good!  The dough was divine and the cookies were the best peanut butter cookies I've ever tasted!!  Seriously.  The best.  They went like hotcakes around here because you can't eat just one.  My friend called them, "amazing."  You get the picture.  


The Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups peanut butter, smooth or chunky (I used natural chunky)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. milk
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup chocolate chips
sugar for sprinkling

Cream butter and peanut butter until fluffy.  Add sugars and mix well.  Add eggs, vanilla and milk.  Mix then pour in dry ingredients.  Add peanut butter and chocolate chips until combined.  Roll into balls and sprinkle with sugar.  Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 2 minutes then place on cooling rack to cool completely.

6 comments:

Amanda K. said...

Yum! I will have to try these this weekend!

Rachel Cunningham said...

2 cups of peanut butter! That is some serious pb action going on. I am thinking that I will be making these really soon my sista.

Emily Lauren said...

I am addicted to Peanut Butter also- totally eat it by the spoonful, haha. So these sound DELICIOUS!! Can't wait to try them.

Here is my favorite pb cookie recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/aunt-coras-worlds-greatest-cookies/detail.aspx

Since you're a pb/chocolate lover, you'll have to try them and compare :) Let me know the verdict.

Brittany said...

how many does it make???

Kendra said...

I LOVED these cookies! So soft and chewy. I used a small cookie scoop, rolled the balls, then rolled them in the sugar. It seems like I probably had 85-90 cookies if I remember the right amount of cookie sheets.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you loved them Kendra! I love them too! I would say it makes at least 5 dozen cookies. I didn't count, but I know it made at least 5 dozen. I used the regular sized cookie scoop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...