Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Creamy Pesto Pasta

*Pesto+Cream=Delicious*
I am all over any pasta dish that involves pesto.  So when the Pioneer Woman made a list of things you can do with pesto, and one of them included adding cream to it and putting it over pasta...I was a done deal.  My kind of dinner for sure.  Next time I'm going to throw some grilled chicken on top for the hubby.  It took some convincing to get the kids to try it, but once they did, they loved it.

1 1/2 cups basil pesto (I used Costco's)
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbs. butter
16 oz. pasta of your choice
2-3 roma tomatoes, diced
salt/pepper to taste

*Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.  Add cream and stir well.  Add pesto and heat over medium-low, stirring often.  When it's nice and hot, pour over your cooked pasta and toss to coat pasta.  Add the diced tomatoes and toss again.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Rach, I made this and added some left-over rotisserie chicken I had. It was DELICIOUS! Even my picky hubby liked it! Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...