Tuesday, August 2, 2011

White Chocolate Popcorn

The first time I had this popcorn was 5 years ago at a family reunion in Idaho.  It's one of those treats that you can't stop eating and then you remember it forever.  Brett's super-fabulous-aunt, Joy, is the one who made it and I just found out that her recipe is in our Cunningham family cookbook.  Brett's mom made it the other day when we were all over there swimming and I remembered how much I love this stuff! 

12 cups popped popcorn (1 large bowl)
2 cups Rice Krispies
1 (16 oz.) can cocktail peanuts or Spanish peanuts
1 24 oz. white almond bark
2 Tbs. peanut butter

*In a large bowl, combine popcorn, cereal and peanuts.  In a saucepan, melt almond bark and peanut butter together over low heat, stirring constantly.  When melted, pour over popcorn mixture.  Mix well until coated.  Spread over waxed paper to dry.  Store in an airtight container.

*You can also use Baker's white chocolate or white chocolate chips or even do half bark and half chips.  I'm thinking this would be an awesome Christmas neighbor gift!

3 comments:

Hess Fam said...

A little variation of this that I make is 2 bags of popped popcorn, one bag of fritos, almond bark. YUM-O!!

Linda said...

I tried this recipe last night and my family love it. I was sitting at the computer reading blogs and turned around to ask my husband if he had tried it, he said yeah, this is my third helping!!! Anyway, this is a big hit at my house and I can't wait to share it with my grandkids too. I love your blog and all your recipes. I'll be trying more soon.

Linda said...

I love your blog. I just want you to know that. I'm not a foodie. I like to sew and do crafts. I cook only because my family and I have to eat but it is a chore for me...You know, like cleaning house or doing laundry, or bathing the dog. You get the picture, right? Anyway, your blog has helped me like to cook, not love it but like it enough to want to do it. I have always cooked and am a fairly good cook but I cook the same things alot. Now, I actually look at your recipes to see if there's anything I want to cook. You are the first place I check on. I just wanted you to know that and that I appreciate your blog alot. Thanks for the inspiration and the great recipes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...