Saturday, August 13, 2011

Creamy Fruit Dip

My sister-in-law, Sherri, shared this recipe with me years ago and I can't believe I have never shared it on this blog!  It is one of my favorites and so easy to throw together.  It tastes good with every fruit I have ever tried dipping into it and you can store it in the fridge for up to a week.  It reminds me a little of eating cheesecake and honestly, how can you go wrong with a cheesecake-like flavor?
1 small carton heavy whipping cream
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk

*Whip the cream until it forms peaks, adding a few tablespoons of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla while you're whipping it up.  Set aside.  Mix cream cheese and condensed milk together until really well combined.  Fold in whipped cream and blend well.  Takes a little time to get it all nice and creamy.  Serve immediately with fruit or chill in refrigerator for later.

*You can substitute Cool Whip for the whipped cream.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I knew this was your recipe when I saw whipped cream instead of Cool Whip! I remember your "issues" with Cool Whip. I love this recipe. I forgot about it...so thanks for the reminder!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...