Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lemon Bundt Cake

My sis-in-law, Kristi, made this a while ago for dessert at one of our family gatherings. I was a little hesitant to have some because I'm not the biggest fan of lemon. BUT, I rarely say no to desserts, so I gave it try. Wow! It was so good! The cake was moist with just the right amount of lemon flavor and the sauce is to die for. This is the perfect Easter dessert because it is light with a refreshing flavor.

Cake:
1 yellow cake mix
1 small pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup oil

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool. Slice and serve with sauce.

Sauce:

1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth.

2 comments:

Jade said...

Holly can can you not like lemon? I am obsessed! I have made this cake with a different glaze, but I can't wait to try this sour cream one. Yum!

Julie said...

Sounds delicious! I'm becoming obsessed with lemon in my middle aged years :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...